- The gtk-related dependencies in the script
etc/install_coq_deps.share out of date. You need the gtk3 versions instead of the gtk2 ones.
- Here are alternate commands to get the system dependencies for Ubuntu users.
sudo apt update sudo apt install curl sed grep wget tar libgtk-3-dev libgtk3sourceview-3.0-dev libexpat1-dev
opam --versionto check that opam is installed and up to date. If the opam version is < 2, you should install opam, using the curl command provided at https://opam.ocaml.org/.
sh <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh)
- You should then run
opam initto make sure opam is initialized. I recommend allowing opam to change your
.profilefile when it asks for permission.
- To install the required ocaml libraries, run
opam install ocaml camlp5 lablgtk3 lablgtk3-sourceview3 ocamlfind num
- The steps above should be performed before running
- After this, you should be able to follow the rest of the steps in order.
- When you execute
etc/install.sh, you can look at the output to see the result of a series of checks it performs at the beginning of the installation.
- If opam complains that you do not have a switch installed, run
opam switch create 4.0.7